29 July, 2011

Nasty Cinderella (On Display!)

I don't want to be
Your slave for sure,
I'm not going to sit
Near the cinders no more.

Washing and cleaning,
I'm sick of these duties.
If I do them much longer,
I'll end up with cooties.

I'm not gonna be,
Miss goody-two-shoes.
I've really had it with
Being called on by you.

I've done so much,
For an ungrateful like you.
And this is the limit
I'll be taking it to.

You think you can keep,
Ordering me around.
Well guess what loser,
There's freedom that I've found.

No longer gonna do
As you say.
I'm gonna kick off my boots
And laze away.

Will do as I please,
And roam around in ease,
All the while whistling,
Care to hear it? -- 'phee-eeee'

Then we'll see you,
Scurrying around
From cellar to roof,
Out, in and out.

No one to cook
And wash for you.
No one to iron
Those clothes for you.

At the end of the day,
What a sight you will be.
Haa haa stepmother,
You look so freakin' dirty!

And then I'll get,
My chance to play
Evil Cinderella,
And blast you away!

Haa haaa, haaa haaa haa.... ahaa haaaa haaa haaa haa... (The Evil Cinderella laugh)


Just came floating to my mind - what if good girls turned nasty, bad and rebellious! Cinderella seemed perfect for the role. All the atyaachar (torture) she went through, what with her stepmother and step-sisters. Nasty Cinderella seems like such a nice change! Plus, the modern lingo for her brings a slight twist to her character.


NOTE: By no means has this poem been written to instill wrong perceptions in children, it's just a work of spontaneous creativity and imagination.


Cheers,

Venice :)