22 August, 2010

Blogging and Me?? I don't think so....

That, was the first thought that crossed my mind when I read about 'Blogging - the new journal' in a newspaper, years back. I had always maintained dear journals, recording most of the ideas that floated around in my mind. Why would I want to put them down for the world to see, was one question that kept knocking around in my head. It just seemed so inane at that time. I went through some blogs to see what the whole drama was about... however, the blogs I got to read [at that time] were full of rantings about personal, professional and relationship issues... which just put me off. 


I somehow did not like the idea of putting down personal thoughts online where almost everyone would peek in and read about... I vowed [I'm never good at it] that I would not fall into this trap of 'Blogging'. I maintained this vow quite well for around 3 years or so WHEN... our lecturer gave us an assignment - Create your Blog and figure out how it can be used and for what purposes. I groaned inwardly... that which I swore never to do, I had to now do [because, my final grade depended on it].


So there I sat that night, in my hostel room [aaah, miss it... anyway], my laptop in front of me and a blank screen mirroring my mind... what in the world was I supposed to write about??? I dreaded the thought of reading some blogs again, for fear that it would throw up some more soppy stuff... I decided to visit a friend's blog... and THERE... I heaved a sigh of relief... her blog seemed quite nice, with little poems and articles which voiced her opinions on the political/economical situations in the country... that seemed pretty good to me.


But still [the word 'but' has been a long dear friend of mine], yeah but, I was still staring at my cupboard wondering what to write about... and as it is with me, my mind leaped from one thought to another, with me trying to follow my thoughts as best as I could until, it stopped at [XIC]... I would be graduating from it in two months and I had learnt a lot while studying there.


That was it! I wrote a short piece on my journey in XIC called A walk through the 'Woods' .... While writing it, something, I can just call it - Magical, was happening... I really liked the feeling of writing down something on a Blog. I had always liked writing, ever since I was a kid, but [see, 'but' never leaves me :) ] but, with all the rush of finishing class 10, going to college, graduating and preparing for the next step in life, I had pushed a well-loved hobby of mine, right to the back shelf of my mind... Thanks to my lecturer, I re-discovered my cute hobby!!! Plus, I changed my mind about 'Blogging' :) 

That's how I came about with the Title for my Blog - 'Writing Revived', that simple assignment brought me back to Writing! I may not write blog posts everyday, but [sigh, that word again :)] I don't abandon it for too long, now on.


I LOVE Writing and I totally LOVE my shweeeeeet Blog!!  :) :)


Before I end this, I would just like to say - if you have a hobby or a passion, don't make the mistake of letting other things shutting it out from your life. These little hobbies and passions are too precious to be ignored. They make up your Life!


Cheers,

Venice :)

25 comments:

  1. This is so much like my own story of blogging. Yeah, it's a passion and we should never let go of it!

    Cheers to blogging and bloggers alike (except the ones that put you off). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what grade did you score?
    the blog is Shweeet indeed, only that chocolates are missing to grab a few.
    And so true, never let the passions die.

    All the best.

    Cheers
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm interesting story on how you started with your assignment turned blogging! Well, I think this is my first visit and like the colorful layout and the content in the form of poetry at times... Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    Look forward to be frequent here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name you came up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you eventually started writing & continued till date .

    Waiting for new & interesting posts :) ..

    I found soo many bloggers here with diverse content ..that's what inspire me to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long time, no see...good to see you blogging. Don't give it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ D2: Ooooh, same pinch!! Nice to have some company to share my story :)

    @ B.A: I scored quite a fair grade... I think B+ :) was happy to see it!! chocolates, huh... they are hidden around the blog... look for them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Mohan: Hi.... welcome to Writing Revived!! Nice to see you here :) and made me smile to know that you liked my shweet Blog!! Thank you, thank you... And your post for Billion Hearts was well written... I'll keep visiting your blog for more info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Kanishk: Yay-yay-yayyyyyyeee... Happy-happy that you like the Title :) Cheers!!!

    @ PB: Hi, ye-eah, was busy with loads of stuff... anyway, me back and now, my posts too will be popping up now and then :D Will keep writing for a long long time now.... Cya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ pRasad: Heya... nice to have you here :) yeah, it always feels simply sweet to write!! Plus, you're right, the other bloggers [now] write about so many interesting thoughts and ideas... there's a whole variety of writing to read out here... it's a nice place to come to and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this post ages ago, so I'm sorry I'm commenting so late. Loved the post and liked the story as well. I could identify with the story too. I also used to think that putting down personal thoughts was a ridiculous idea. I think a little differently now.

    Anyway, please do keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Charu... no prob's, it's always nice to see you here :) and yeah, at first it seemed weird to write a blog, but once I got started, well, just got so wrapped up in it, that now it's the Cutest thing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. "These little hobbies and passions are too precious to be ignored" - I cannot agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shalini !! I love your pic :) it's cute and funny!! great to have you here, girl! keep visiting, Ciao :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. //These little hobbies and passions are too precious to be ignored. They make up your Life! //

    Well Said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://writefreek.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-award-yippi.html

    Hey I've tagged you :) check out the link

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Narayan.: Hello... Thanks for coming by and reading!! Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Zainab: Oh, this is so sweet of you!! Than you Zainab! It's always lovely to get an award :) How's your best friend doing?? Hope all is cheery and fun like always! :) Thanks once again!! Love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful post. Everyone has unique reason to start blogging. Some stumble upon it. For me, its my passion for travel and photography led me to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Rajesh... Nice to meet a travel-blogger/travel-writer! It's fun to see different places.. and not all of us travel so much, so it's great when people like you show us a variety of places, cultures, historic venues etc. through your posts!!

    Will keep reading your blog to get to know more places :) Cheerio!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sometimes sharing your life with others..rather rank strangers can give you a distinct perspective about life...and sometimes it could get a bit irritating.

    Once you hit the submit button - it is going to be there online forever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. totally agree wit u on the dreams part........... :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I guess passion should be the only driving force behind anything ,including blogging. In my case, it was the general frustration against the world. Thought of using it sarcastically :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ GB: Yeah, there have been times when I feel like writing about a certain topic and then I realize that it is quite personal and hence, I don't write about it out here... because, like you said, it's going to be online and different people from around the world are going to read it.

    It's really up to the individual - if they want to share personal stories to strangers out here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Mayank: First I would like to say, I've always liked the name 'Mayank' it sounds nice! :) Passion... that's a good topic.. could write so much about it! Only, I have a different view to the 'driving force' you mentioned.

    I feel it differs from person to person... the driving force. Like you said, for you, it was frustration... passion is another thing altogether. I feel Passion is just another fit of emotion - like anger, or misery. This can be a highly discussed topic. It has so many angles to it! Thanks for bringing this word up... the cogs in my brain have been set to roll now :D

    ReplyDelete

It's always great to hear from you - drop me your thoughts below! Cheers :)