04 May, 2010

Forging on...

I want to forget
How stupid I have been.
The nonsense I thought,
Imagined and seen.

I want to shut the door
On those distant memories
Which trouble and worry me
Each day and night, endlessly.

But every time that image 
Comes before my eyes,
I forget everything
And my happiness deny.
How am I to break away?
I wonder if I will ever be okay.

I thought I knew myself,
But  now I'm not so sure.
I hate the uncertainty and the mystery
For once, I want to know.
I no longer want to grope around
In the frightening dark,
Trying to find something
That I don't even know about.

I don't want to be distracted
I don't want to feel helpless.
I need to reach the targets that I have set,
And to be the person whom in my dreams I've met.

I am striving to forget all my stupid mistakes
But I am trying to learn from them, 
Each day for as long as it takes.
I know that I will do well and that I will go far,
And that the child in me will be proud to see
How far I have come and what I've come to be.


 Venice.



 

13 comments:

  1. ..and I wish this girl gets smiles,
    the one who is striving to forget,
    the one who is trying to learn,
    be the one, who loves and be loved
    by the one and by all ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice few lines there.The restlessness is very evident and the struggle to resolve very real...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sourav: nice poetic comment :) plus, the girl is really happy to know that you understand her...

    @ Gyanban: Thanks :) So many people struggle through life, trying to break free from their troubles... everyone has their way of coping with it - some fight it, some ignore it, some complain and some accept the way things are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. living in the past is something i believe to be very dangerous.....it also fogs the future....

    moving on may seems to be a simple word.......but damn it....it never is.....and never will be.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. True Hitesh, living in the past makes one miss out on the present moment... which in turn spoils the future. Moving on is difficult but one can't be stuck in one phase of life forever...

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it is the mistakes which make us richer in experience. Listen to your heart and the good things will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You spoke my mind Purba... the mistakes are worth it in the end... without them, we wouldn't really gain much experience and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean. The best part is you have the courage to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Rajat: You've reminded me of a Quote on Courage: "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear - Ambrose Redmoon"

    ReplyDelete
  10. tonight i was checking my mail and got indirank of my blog,and i found a community on facebook where all were telling about their ranks,suddenly i found your blog and seen you poem here....i become a fan of your dear so i have decided to compose and record your poem and here is the link of your poem which i have recorded..before publishing to my friends i thought i should ask you first....so please tell me how it is.....the link is http://ia360705.us.archive.org/1/items/EndlesslyByMuntazir/endlessly.mp3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Muntazir, It feels so nice when someone comes along and transforms one's work into a creative piece... music has always been close to my heart and to know that a poem of mine has been made into a song, with music, melodies and tunes...! Just too good a feeling erupts! Thank you very much Muntazir... I really liked listening to your song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous24 May, 2010

    simple n' nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya Anon!! Thank you :) hope you like my other pieces of writing too! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete

It's always great to hear from you - drop me your thoughts below! Cheers :)