26 June, 2009

A Relationship

Relationship..... it means different things to different people. Some love to know that they are in a relationship with someone, others feel caged in a relationship, then there are those who see no point in having a relationship...there are singles out there wondering what it would be like to be in a relationship...and those who are in a relationship who want to get out of it....and others who love being in a relationship...

The grass always seems greener on the other side. How do you know what’s right for you? Do you go with the flow of things, do you plan your steps forward or do you just sit confused as hell? There are times when you long to be in a relationship but know deep inside that you are not prepared for it... it can tear an individual’s peace of mind to pieces... and then if you are in a relationship..You wonder where it’s going to take you and you wonder if you are doing anything wrong.... I feel that people get possessive in relationships when they fear that the relationship may fail... they want to hold onto the person they love not realising that their possessiveness could be the doom of the relationship...

There is no right time for a relationship... because at any given time, you will have a hundred different issues in your life... you will have to deal with all these factors simultaneously... the strength of your relationship is based on how you manage your time and focus on your relationship keeping in mind other factors affecting your life...

That way, you do need a certain level of maturity to deal with a relationship but then it’s a very individual decision at the end of the day... are you up to taking up a relationship? If you are not and your partner understands...then I should say...you’ve got a great partner!

If you are in a relationship then either you are extremely happy or a bit doubtful... the doubtful situation is really tricky... You are unable to decide if you want to go forward, halt or take a step back... confusion re-eigns!

If you are single... you’ve got the best deal... do what you want... wander wherever you want to... explore the several avenues open to you... till then you can decide if you are ready for a relationship...
There is so much more to all this... there are so many different opinions on this subject...

Follow your heart... you may have to meander your way but well, eventually you will end up somewhere... get there, decide if you are comfortable and flow with the feelings of your heart. There are various destinations... visit them and enjoy!

“Someday we'll know

If love can move a mountain...
Someday we'll know
Why the sky is blue...
Someday we'll know
Why I wasn't meant for you...

Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah...
One day I'll go
Dancing on the moon...
Someday you'll know
That I was the one for you...”

- Mandy Moore & Jonathan Foreman [A Walk to Remember]

10 comments:

  1. One doesn’t choose to be in a relationship, rather it chooses you.

    I was one of the lucky ones to get in a relationship that I loved. It was a match made in heaven. I didn’t even have to make any adjustments, I naturally fitted in. For the past 7 years it has been one hell of a ride and I can say that I’ve enjoyed it to the fullest. But the path hasn’t always been smooth. I’ve had my ups and downs. Been through the good times and experienced the bad. That’s part of the journey one goes through in a relationship. But I have no regrets. It’s something special that I won’t give up till I die.

    By the way folks, I’m still single. (Veni you know what I was talking about)…

    Cheers….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got da best deal...n so am da one who decide everythin, next to the lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post Venice. Nice insight into Relationships and an opinion put forth.

    -Element

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sujay: Good for you Sujay... enjoy ! :)

    @ Element-In-U: Hey, Thanks... I appreciate your input... Cya !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well m still single, and I feel I got all the freedom in this world

    There's nothing known as Love on earth nd there's nothing other than Love on earth!!

    STRANGE isn't it?? this relationship and love thingie!!

    www.anuragarch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anurag: that is a nice observation on your part! it really is strange - this love thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is coincidence that I wrote something exactly on those lines...

    I think relationships are like fingerprints,unique - each one has it s own destiny...and there's little that we can do to deviate it from it's ultimate goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Gyanban: That's a nice way to put forward your thought on relationships - like a fingerprint! Really, really like it! :)

    @ Suneet: Thank You!! :) keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the part that there's no 'ideal' time.
    Bur extremely happy ? you mean courtship ? Isn't generally the confusion is that one isn't sure if this is what they're looking for ?

    ReplyDelete

It's always great to hear from you - drop me your thoughts below! Cheers :)