07 January, 2009

A walk through the 'Woods'

Our life is a journey. We face various episodes in this journey. One episode in my life is - coming to XIC [Xavier's Institute of Communications]. Being in XIC is like an un-dreamt dream come true. I never thought that I would one day be a part of this Institution. 

XIC has given a new dimension to life. It's not easy to describe the experience in words. The course has made me aware of the little details that constitute our lives. The assignments, though extremely frustrating at times, have helped me realise my potential, my qualities, my strengths and areas in which I can improve. They have also taught me about the way a team functions and works towards one goal.

There were times when we were utterly bored... we would crack insane jokes, doodle in our books or just sit there, our minds totally blank.. not knowing what was happening in class. Sometimes we were totally exhausted and our eyes would close despite all our valiant efforts to keep them open.. of course our droopy eyes won and we would nod off to sleep in class until a sharp jab from our neighbour would wake us.

This course has helped all of us develop and grow... it has given us the chance to accomplish things on our own and has made us THINK on our own. No spoon-feeding out here.

There are just around four months left for us to finish this roller-coaster course. XIC has given us a miniature view on the real world outside. We have learnt a lot over here... and we will learn more when we step out from here.

2 comments:

  1. simple and sweet...really liked the structuring of the sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said... well expressed.

    ReplyDelete

It's always great to hear from you - drop me your thoughts below! Cheers :)